Subject Re: Help f1 problem Solutiom
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2024 12:52:44 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 9/11/2024 6:18 AM, Charlie wrote:
> Hi guys..  Thanks for your input.   Unless someone can give me a good reason not to, I have decided to hard code the path at line 1193 in miscapi.
>
> I had put the chacha.chm file back in the app folder in inno because it at least tries to work with F1 there.  If I just hard code I can leave it there.
>
> the miscapi file that i am using is no longer in the duflp folder because it has to be added to the project and then go into the .exe file.  This just seems like an easier option for me since it has already been done and works!

Making changes to a program from the dUFLP is problematic. You may want
to copy out just the code you want, and put it in your own library of
files, so that if someone changes something you don't destroy any work
you're using it for.

I do think hardcoding paths is usually a bad idea unless it can't be
avoided. You've been given ways to handle it ...

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm
dBASE DOS to Windows Tutorial:
http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/DtoWTutorial/00_Menu.htm