Subject Re: Help f1 problem Solutiom
From charlie <tm@tc.com>
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2024 08:26:53 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Wow I didn't catch that typo until just now.  So I have no idea as I had skipped the menu item and went with the f1 which sometime worked but sometimes did nothing.  Sometimes it even went to windows help!  I read some comments that f1 for help can be shaky.

I worked on this some more this morning and found a good solution for the help menu item. In MiscAPI on line 1193 I it had been cBatchfile  = "Junk.bat"
I hadn't seen this before.  On line 1212 the program is trying to create data.  The {app} folder in inno was non-writeable which was causing the error.  I simply changed the path on line 1193 to go to a writeable folder which should be the same for everyone using the inno setup.  It is actually an easy fix.

I am going to write a try and catch for line 1212 just to be safe.  I have tested the 1293 correction but not the try and catch yet.  I'll do that after my dentist appointment!

Thanks for your comment about the typo.  Sorry I originally missed it.