Subject xdml append from problem
From Charlie <tm@tc.com>
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2024 15:57:46 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

I know this is dated but I am having a problem with the append from statement.  It seems to only append one record.  The append is at the bottom of the code.  I am wondering if possibly the code i am using toward the top from mervyn might be affecting this somehow.

Your code works perfect Mervyn but i am wondering if it could be affecting append.  Or possibly I am making a stupid error of some kind.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

     set procedure to append_from_csv.prg
        try
      append_from_csv(_app.folder3+'csvrec.dbf','&pth1','d',true)
   catch (exception e)
           msgbox( "Abort import.  File must be CSV format with correct 12 columns." )
                return
   endtry
        use csvrec
        count to cnt
        if cnt < 1
           msgbox( "There there are 0 rows.  Cannot proceed." )
                return
        endif
   msgbox( "CSV file successfully imported." )
else
   msgbox( "Import aborted." )
endif
set filter to
use csvrec
delete for empty(id) or empty(country)
replace all id with upper(id)
replace all category with upper(category)
replace all grade with upper(grade)
replace all location with upper(location)
replace all country with upper(country)
replace all metal with upper(metal)
replace all mintage with upper(mintage)
replace all details with upper(details)
sele a
use memo
nsk = newsku
sele b
use country
sele c
use collection
go top
append from :coindata:csvrec.dbf// for not empty(id)

I tested this with a message box and it always indicates one record was appended ( out of 13) on my last try.