Subject Re: Computer serial number
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:37:55 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Good Morning Rachhpal,

> How I can store serial number in memory variable?
> Following command is used
>
> C:\>wmic bios get serialnumber

There is a routine in duflp runhidden() It is part of miscapi.?? I think.

It will run any dos command without showing a window.

runhidden("wmic bios get serialnumber >serial.txt")

The above line will store the serial number generated in serial.txt

From there it can be retrieved using the file object as serial.txt will
be a simple text file.

runhidden("wmic bios get serialnumber >serial.txt")
sleep(1) //So that the above command has finished executing before we
try another command

f = new file()
f.open("serial.txt")
mserial = f.gets()
f.close()

The above code is untested but should complete the job with some
modifications.

Regards
Akshat