Subject Re: Sending email
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2024 18:39:30 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Good Evening Agostinho,

> Dear Richard and Akshat thank you for your support.
> Still cannot get this email issue running, what ever I change I get the same error:
> Error:  OLE Unable to create object.
>
> I don't need to use the samples from Marc VdB's test program I  just want to be able to send emails direct from within dbase plus, is there no easy way to do this?
> Thanks
>
> I got VDBMail working after quite a bit of experimentation:
> THis is what works on my system:
>          vdbPath =  .... // path to mv_mail.cc on your system
>          success = email.register(vdbPath, true)
Try in command window
vdbPath =  .... // path to mv_mail.cc on your system
?email.register(vdbPath, true)

If you receive a true then the dll is registered.

>          email.setport(587)
>          email.setSSL(false
These settings are important and one different value WILL cause errors.
Port will vary with different servers.

>          email.setUser(my_name) // leave off the @company-group.com

I do not have anyother email other than Google and google will not allow
unsecured connection. So I am unable to test it.

Will try digging some old code later tonight.

Regards
Akshat