Subject Re: Buffer Release?
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Mon, 1 Apr 2024 10:40:32 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2024/03/31 19:44, Norman Snowden wrote:
> I rarely need to revise any of my programs and I have lost whatever expertise I had. In doing a revision now I have this problem. I guess it is a buffering issue. On the same Form Page I have a primary calculated Entryfield and also a second different named Entryfield. I calculate a value for the 1st Ef and coding is provided for the 1st Ef value to also appear in the 2nd Ef.
>
> When I run the program using one set of variables the results are fine. When I run the program using a different set of variables the correct value appears in the 1st Ef but the previous result still appears in the 2nd Ef. The only way to get a correct 2nd Ef is to close out the program entirely, reload the Program and run it again.
>
> I would appreciate it if someone can comment. Thanks, Norman

It's pounds to pennies that the code that assigns the value to the
second entryfield is nested in an IF...ENDIF or a CASE construct.  For
the first calculation the test succeeds and the value is assigned to the
second entryfield.  For the second calculation the test fails so the new
value isn't assigned and the old value stays displayed.

Mervyn.