Subject Re: Filter on 2 fields with lookup
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2024 18:08:22 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2024/03/27 13:07, Dirk C wrote:

>   is working as long the value of the combobox is in stammdat.dbf
>
>   when the value isn't, cannot filter any more, even i Null the filter
>
>   even i want to get the names from stammdat from the selected country
>
>   with the value (selecteren) so i can pointed the correct segment value
>
>   for now main cornern is to filter
>
>    or is it better to use sql statement ?
>
> can you have a look to the attached file
>
> thanks

Dirk, I'm afraid the form is simply too complex to work out what does
what without being able to run it.  A screenshot of the form with a
description of what you want to change in the display may help me
understand what you're after.

Many years ago I moved all my own data to Firebird so I only use SQL for
my own code.  Even before that I used SQL in preference to the dBASE DML
commands.  Instead of setting filters I use parameter driven queries to
create rowsets of the records I want.

Mervyn.