Subject Re: Reporting on current orders only
From Craig <craig.s@silicon-online.co.za>
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2024 07:45:28 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Mervyn Bick Wrote:

> On 2024/02/07 08:57, Mervyn Bick wrote:
>
> > The way to do this is make sure you only include the records you want in
> > the rowset in the first place.
> >
> > Use a WHERE clause in the SQL SELECT statement in the report's query.
> > Something along the lines of
> >
> >   sql = "select * from whatever where inv_no = ' ' or inv_no is null"
>
> Using a WHERE clause to limit records is using localSQL instead of
> dBASE's own proprietary data manipulation language.  localSQL is a
> limited, but very useful, subset of "proper" SQL.  You will find a
> better looking version of the localSQL help file than that supplied with
> dBASE at http://www.nknabe.dk/localsql/
>
> If you've never used SQL, a good tutorial is at
> https://www.w3schools.com/sql/  Bear in mind though that localSQL is a
> subset of SQL so it can't do everything.
>
> Instead of using localSQL and a WHERE clause you can also select all
> records with 'select * from whatever' in the query and then use the
> resulting rowset's canGetRecord event handler to only let those records
> without an invoice number through.
>
> Mervyn.

Thanks for the help I have been able to get it to filter using the Where clause. I have also used the Order By clause to order the the report alphabetically.

For the orders though we don't just want to sort them alphabetically but we want to group the orders that have a due date and those that don't. Then have these each sorted alphabetically. This is so that they are grouped together. I have tries to use the Group sql clause but I can't get that to work.