Subject Re: encryption
From Mustansir A Ghor <mustan31@hotmail.com>
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2024 08:16:40 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Dear Charlie

I am using PROTECT feature of dbase from dBaseIV. It has 2 features

1. User Access level (1-7): 1 being all most authorized and 7 being Least authorised.
2. File (Table) access level (1-7) and within Table fields access level (read,write,full,hidden)

Therefore for a table that is set with file access level, their data access can be obtained (including IDE environment) depending on user access level that he has logged in with.

I am now using only User access level for menus and other PB buttons depending on what level of user with access level has logged in.

Hope this will throw some idea on use of PROTECT

Regards
Mustansir