Subject Re: DB Engine Error and Bad Field Name
From Sean <sean@seanwessels.co.za>
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2024 09:59:37 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hey Mervyn,

Thanks for responding!

I have managed to come right and posted an update, in future ill take screenshots and attach them here.

But to provide answers to the below which may help someone in the future:

What version of dBASE are you using?
-> dbase2019

Do you have sourcecode for existing applications?
-> Yes

Is the data in .dbf tables, .db tables or a SQL server?
-> .dbf tables

Are the errors caused by running existing programs?
-> No existing programs, however the error which reads simply as "Database Engine Error:  At end of table." has been encountered before by my mom in law who used to program.

If existing code, is it written in XDML (the original dBASE for DOS
commands) or OODML for Windows?
->  Most likely XDML. Much of the code is from my mom in law.

Are the errors as a result of new code you are creating?
-> Yes. I know I know, likely culprit. But turns out I was actually doing alright on this one.