Subject Re: csv file
From Lee Grant <camilee@nospam.comcast.net>
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2024 17:31:27 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 1/16/2024 7:22 AM, Mervyn Bick wrote:
<snip>

> I'm afraid even if you set the updateset's destination property to
> 'whatever.csv' it won't create a .csv file.  It is going to create a
> table named whatever.csv :-(  This can be opened by USE whatever.csv

Yeah, my fault for suggesting UpdateSet at all, but it was in the OLH
reference, so I included it for that reason. I haven't used UpdateSet at
all myself, since it's so much easier for me to just use the XDML
aspect, with the caveats you point out. My data use needs tend to be
very simplistic in comparison to the many I see you helping people with,
so I'm definitely not the go to for this, but the response of where to
look seemed like a simple answer for this question....or so I thought. :)

Lee