Subject Referencing a subform
From Tim Ward <tim@goldengrovenurserydotcodotuk>
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2023 16:27:15 +0000
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi,
I have a subform on a form opened by a pushbutton like below and works
OK for what I need.

function PB_Subform_onClick()
        f = this.parent.form
        set procedure to DeliveryList.wfm additive
            x = new DeliveryListForm( f, "Mypopup" )
        x.top    := 10
            x.left    := 20
        x.open()
       return

In the main form I have some custom pushbuttons and when I click one of
these I want to action different things on the subform, like refreshing
the grid there or changing a text field.

What's the correct syntax as I can't seem to get it right. So below is a
line setting the value stored as a custom property of the pushbutton
(Order_number) to the rowset on the main form, so I can reference the
main form OK

function MyMapButton_ONLEFTDBLCLICK
        this.parent.DropPlanner1.rowset.fields["orderNumber"].value =
this.Order_number

But how do I refresh the grid on the subform when I click a custom
pushbutton on the main form.

thanks in advance
Tim