Subject dBASE PLUS 2.8 compiled file formats?
From Dennis Hoover <dphoover@comcast.net>
Date Wed, 24 May 2023 18:15:55 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Me again with the old dBASE custom application questions.
Does anyone have any information on the binary format of the .PRO files? Like layout, headers, structs, etc?

Do they contain native (like x86/etc) instructions? Or is it intermediate bytecode i.e. java/.NET style? is there any instruction set reference? or maybe something comparable we can look at as a starting point?

Any info you have on the internals of that file format you can share would be super-helpful. You can just dump it on me, I will sift through it.

Thanks again.