Subject Re: dBASE Plus 2.8
From Lee Grant <camilee@nospam.comcast.net>
Date Thu, 18 May 2023 04:02:52 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Dennis,

As the others have already mentioned, those are possible issues, but the
issue I think I'm hearing, is that the developer had a license for the
program that he wrote, and you don't have a license for it, not dBASE in
general which the runtime doesn't need anyway, so this should be related
to the developers licensing the program to you. If the computer doesn't
have whatever licensing scheme the developer created to verify your
licensing right to the program, it's not going to matter what dBASE,LLC
has to say about it.  This should be a program that you have a license
to run his (the developers) program.

Lee