Subject Re: Import/Export not all excel data can be imported
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2023 05:08:12 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 3/14/2023 11:40 PM, James Lavery wrote:
> Akshat Kapoor Wrote:
>
>> Good Morning James,
>>
>>> Found enclosed below note (from Nov 2022) regarding Excel import/export.
>>>
>>> Info helpful to me: "append from array"
>>>
>>> My question: How do I identify to dBase5 that the Excel spreadsheet is an Array??
>>>
>>> The spreadsheet contains only letters and numbers.
>>>
>>> Developer Desktop does not recognize .xlsx files.
>>>
>>> What must I do to spredsheet/data for it to be recognized by dBase5 as an array.
>>>
>>> Help is greatly appreciated.
>> I doubt you can open xslx files using dbase 5.
>> In current versions also you require a software like excel to open xlsx
>> files.
>>
>> oleautoclient is used to open/read data from the xlsx file using excel.
>>
>> Regards
>> Akshat
>>
>> Akshat,
> I've not heard of Oleautoclient.  Are you suggesting that Oleautoclient will allow me to export .XLXS data to dBASE?

OleAutoclient is not available in dBASE 5 for DOS. It is a Windows
implementation, and it is used to open Excel (or other software that can
be opened using it) and manipulate data ...

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm
dBASE DOS to Windows Tutorial:
http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/DtoWTutorial/00_Menu.htm