Subject Re: Import/Export not all excel data can be imported
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2023 09:21:51 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2023/03/15 08:40, James Lavery wrote:

> I've not heard of Oleautoclient.  Are you suggesting that Oleautoclient will allow me to export .XLXS data to dBASE?

OLEautoclient is a class available in newer versions of dBASE. It is
highly unlikely to be available in dBASE5.  Even if it is, crossing the
boundary between dbDOS and Windows will probably be a problem.

OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) is Microsoft technology which allows
one program to gain access to another program.

On newer versions of dBASE one can use and OLEautomation object to move
data in both directions between a .xls file and a .dbf file without
needing to use a .csv file as an intermediate step.