Subject Entryfield does not recognise the Enter Key
From Michael <michael@abstractservices.com.au>
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2023 18:07:31 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Guys,

I have an unusual problem. I have an entryfield that for some reason wont recognise the enter key.

If CUAENTER is off then pressing enter jumps to the next field. In either case enter is not recognised in the nchar value of the entryfield key method.

It use to be, i use it when reading barcodes then searching a database. once it hit the chr(13) character it would automatically oclick a pushbutton that would then search the database.

For example

   function ENTRYFIELD1_key(nChar, nPosition,bShift,bControl)

        If nChar = 13
                   FORM.PUSHBUTTON1.ONCLICK()
        ENDIF

      return

However for the life of me it simply wont pick up the nChar value when it used to or am i missing something?

Anyone have this problem in the past?

Michael.