Subject Re: Starting Dbase
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2023 05:23:05 -0800
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 1/25/2023 3:15 AM, Milind Nighojkar wrote:
> It's Ken who gave me the pointer as
> C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\dBASE\dBASE2019\Bin
>
> Additionally if you use the feature store the group / user / password....
>
> This feature is good...
>
> However  be  careful while using it as database gets encrypted and there is no way I could find to restore it. I was saved as I was exploring the function on a temporary table
>
> So as mentioned by Ken pls. take the backup and explore this function
>

> Thanks anfor your quick help...

Glad it was a temporary table. That could get ugly. Unfortunately the
interface doesn't warn you when creating the group and password that you
should be careful to write them down ...

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm
dBASE DOS to Windows Tutorial:
http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/DtoWTutorial/00_Menu.htm