Subject Re: Starting Dbase
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:36:25 -0800
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 1/23/2023 8:23 PM, Milind Nighojkar wrote:
> Need quick help
>
> I was exploring the security related features.  I created group /user/password. Which I forgot
>
> I think ignorantly I used enforcement option.
>
> Now I am unable to open dbase itself...

Based on an email, Milind found in the starting folder for dBASE the
file DBSYSTEM.DB, renamed it, and is now able to start dBASE back up again.

Suggestion folks, be careful with the security system in dBASE, you can
encrypt your tables by accident if you're not careful, and if you then
do something like delete "DBSYSTEM.DB" you may not be able to use them
again.

If you want to look at the security built-in to dBASE, back up your
tables first.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm
dBASE DOS to Windows Tutorial: