Subject begintrans()
From Mustansir Ghor <mustan31@hotmail.com>
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2022 04:18:11 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Dear All

Currently i am facing problem with saving data in the network. Although I use rowset locksetset() and unlock() method, I find problems in data appending.

I now wish enhance above problem by using database bigintrans(), Commit() and rollback() methods  along with try and Endtry command hoping to catch error it can be either network or operator.

I will be posting block of my save commands that I am using to save data, and hope someone will help me guide how I can enhance using above technique.

However, Below text is copied from dbase help. Here why is the command form.rowset.parent.database.begintrans() and not form.database.begintrans()

try

   form.rowset.parent.database.beginTrans( ) // Begin the transaction

   form.rowset.parent.database.commit( ) // If you got this far, there were no

catch ( Exception e ) // The parameter receives the Exception object that describes

   form.rowset.parent.database.rollback( ) // Undo any changes that did take

endtry

Best Regards
Mustansir