Subject Re: building executable
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sun, 4 Dec 2022 21:20:49 -0800
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 12/4/2022 7:15 PM, Moses Hanna wrote:
>   am studying the dbasetutorial 2019
> but I created a database for myself I called it Practice Manager
> I have very few wfms, reps and 2 datamodules
> I build an executable file
> It went through but when double clicking on it it gives me error message ... 3 messages:
> "Unknown database name
> file C;\Practice Manager\Clients.dmd
> I have the database in c:\ Practice Manager
> In desktop properties /user bde aliases is Practice Manager
> and alias sources is Practicemanager
> all their path is c:]Practice Manager
> some help in pointing where is my error

Moses, please use the tutorial newsgroup when trying to working with the
tutorial.

You need to follow *all* the instructions, and make sure that the .ini
file for your app has the details for the User BDE Alias. I would assume
from your message that this is missing. There are instructions in the
tutorial for adding this information to the deployed executable's .ini
file. Please go back and look at that.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm
dBASE DOS to Windows Tutorial: