Subject Re: NATIVE DBASE VS COMPILED
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Fri, 2 Dec 2022 16:09:34 -0800
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 12/2/2022 1:27 PM, ED wrote:
> I am getting killed with compiled dBase not acting like native dBase.
>
> I use a type code of I to identify an inventory part.
>
> latest  thing is the capital letter I not being recognized as that in the compiled WFM.
> I can fix it (like in an invoice), by typing a capital I over the I in the invoice.
>
> dBase doesnt put the top and bottom on the I like in the above text. That has never bothered me so much.

You really need to show what is going on with sample code. We can't do
much without that.

You may want to take the value and ensure it is upper cased with the
UPPER() function.

The serifs you mention (the top and bottom lines) are based on the font
being used. The default font here uses serifs (like Times New Roman), if
you want to have the serifs you need to use a font that uses them.
Suggest you take a little time and look at the fonts on your machine.
Note that some fonts are on all Windows computers (Courier New, Times
New Roman, Ariel, Calibri, and so on) but some are not, and are
installed with specific software. You should make sure that the font you
are using is available on your users' computers if this is that important.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm
dBASE DOS to Windows Tutorial:
http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/DtoWTutorial/00_Menu.htm