Subject Re: pushbutton
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2022 11:27:14 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2022/11/30 10:32, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear Mervyn
>
> Does this mean all forms of all applications that were developed in early version needs to amended if there were to be recompiled in dbase 2019?

Only if a pushbutton on a form needs the Enter key to be pressed twice
to trigger the onClick event.

The original test form I posted didn't require two presses of the Enter
key to trigger a pushbutton's onClick event.  I haven't been able to
find a reason why my form and your form react differently. :-(

Changing every pushbutton to the custom pushbutton, even if some don't
really need it, should, however, not cause problems.  Doing this by hand
could be a LONG job. :-(

In the past I've used a little program to change the class definition of
all forms in a folder from   [class whateverForm of FORM]  to [class
whateverForm of MYCUSTOMCFORM from "mycustom.cfm"]   The same approach
should work here.  Unfortunately I have to go out in a few minutes so I
can't look at it now.  I will, however, have a go at this later or tomorrow.

Watch this space. :-)

Mervyn.