Subject Re: unable to execute dos
From Andy Taylor <andy.taylor.1959@outlook.com>
Date Sun, 2 Oct 2022 11:23:23 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) Windows CMD Run.jpg

Hi Charlie,

I've attached a picture of what happens when I type run into the windows
DOS command window. Run is not a valid command in Windows 10 and I'm not
sure it ever has been.  What version of windows is on your laptop?
Type ver in your DOS command window to find out...

The only situation that I can think of in which "run thumbs" would work
in the DOS command window is if you have a program called run.exe in the
same folder and thumbs is used as the parameter.

Please type dir *.exe into the DOS command window and tell us what exe
files get listed.

Andy