Subject Re: unable to execute dos
From Charlie <tm@tc.com>
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2022 17:21:04 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Andy...   The app works in cmd windows if I type 'run thumbs'.  I get the error message if I try to do the same thing in dbase command.  So not working in dbase at all.

I am not sure if thumbs is dos although maybe.  It is a very old windows program possibly.  But the same thing happens no matter what app I try to run in dbase.

When I tested with the msgbox the directory that came back was dbasewin which is my dbase directory.

Tomorrow when I get to work I am going to compare paths in environment.  Long time ago I was having problems with perl and might have accidently deleted some paths that had been there.  This could have been broken a long time as I don't remember using any 'run' commands for a while on this laptop.  I use them every day on my work computer.