Subject Re: unable to execute dos
From Andy Taylor <andy.taylor.1959@outlook.com>
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2022 21:51:52 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Charlie,

Yes, much clearer thanks. Is Thumbs.exe a DOS program?

I don't think you meant to say "command prompt in windows" because run
is not a valid command when using windows cmd.exe.

If the program works when you enter "run thumbs" in the dBASE command
window but not when you use the form menu or a pushbutton then is it
possible that thumbs.exe is in the same folder as you are running the
dBASE command window but when the form or menu is running you have a
different folder in view with potentially different permissions?
Try the following to check this:

function MENU124_onClick()
   msgbox(set("directory"))
   Run thumbs.exe