Subject Re: unable to execute dos
From Charlie <tm@tc.com>
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2022 15:58:39 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Andy...  Thanks for your reply.

The subject error message is in the subject of this post.  (unable to execute dos).

[function MENU124_onClick()
      Run thumbs.exe
      return]

This is an example of the very simple code that works on other computers.  For some reason it does not work on my laptop in dbase which indicates it is a problem on this computer, not with code that I have written.

It does work in the command prompt in windows if you type in ' run thumbs'.  So I am trying to figure out why it does not work in a menu in dbase or a pushbutton on this specific computer, but does work in the same menu or pushbutton in dbase on other computers?

I have gone into paths in windows environment and tried to work with that with no positive results.  I am wondering if possibly something in dbase desktop properties could fix this but not sure.

I am just reaching out to see if anyone has run into this before and if they know of a solution.

Hope this gives a clearer picture.