Subject Re: dBASE 2019 Command Window Commands
From Andy Taylor <andy.taylor.1959@outlook.com>
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2022 06:07:04 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Jodell,

If I understand correctly what you want to do is as follows:
Enter commands in the command window and save those that you're happy with to a text file called myNotes.txt.
The easiest way to do this is as follows:

Setup
In the command window type "modi comm myNotes.txt" and press enter. Press Enter when the editor window comes up to add an empty line. Close the editor and save the file.

Editing
When you're working in the command window and you have a command (or a block of commands) to save, highlight them, right click anywhere on the highlight and copy them to the windows clipboard.
Then using a new line in the command window type "modi comm myNotes.txt" and press enter.
Then move to where you want to save your new command, right click and select paste.
Close the editor and save the file.

You can, of course, also use the keyboard shortcuts to copy (Ctrl & C) and paste (Ctrl & V).
There is another way of making this even easier by using a program which does all the opening and saving new bits automatically but that seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Regards,
Andy