Subject Re: dBASE 2019 Command Window Commands
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2022 12:13:09 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 6/26/2022 9:14 AM, Akshat Kapoor wrote:
> Good Evening Jodell,
>
>> I usually copy commands to a dbf file where I save and sort them for
>> later use. But, right now, I am using dBASE 2019 and my dbf notes are
>> in dBASE 11. I just do not have time to reconfigure all that I need to
>> do that. So, I am looking for Commands so that I can:
>>
>> 1) send Commands from the Command Window after a simple test, ie;
>>
>> use testcopy.dbf <some sort of command to send to a save.txt file
>> here> mynotes.txt >
>> 2) then if/when I want to add more Commands from Command Window to my
>> same mynotes.txt file, ie;
>>
>> append from mastertest.dbf type dbase <send to my save.txt file>
>> mynotes.txt
>>
>> I likely can use a .prg but I am not repeating same commands for one
>> project only. Rather, I am testing commands to create my custom code
>> base, updating that and general housekeeping. I had my old notes in
>> the older version of the dUFL folder but not only do I need to
>> transfer that, I also need the latest dUFL version for this year.
>>
>> I have no idea how much I need to edit or change to get that all up
>> and working as I am using the dUFL11B that was for the dbASE 11 on my
>> dBASE 2019.
>
> There are not much changes between plus 11 and 2019 (When it comes to
> day to day operations like the ones outlined above)
>
> Latest version of dUFLP can be downloaded from Ken's page
>
> The dUFLP: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/index.htm#duflp
>
> I will suggest that you extract the files in a folder different from the
> duflp folder that you used in 11 so that both the versions work.
>
> The installation instructions will be there on Ken's page.
>
> Then you will have to setup another alias in duflp that points to your
> old duflp alias. (You will have to check Ken's books or help file for
> exact procedure.)

Actually that's handled automatically, and the dBASE 11 version
shouldn't be an issue for the dBASE 2019 version (the database alias is
a User BDE Alias, so not written in the BDE's configuration).

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm