Subject Re: extcombobox
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2022 21:10:17 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 6/19/2022 9:43 AM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear Andy
>
> Thank you.
>
> when you said this, "Then you are free to add or remove whatever code you want to." Is this a reference to the renamed cc file?  So that will mean that in the renamed cc file the we can add to existing code of function extcombox_onchange() method.

The idea behind making a copy of the .cc file is that at that point it
is your version of the software. If you want to go a different route,
see below.

> I think the above does not imply inheritance. Or may be I am wrong.

Another option might be to create a .cc file with constructor code of
(NOTE: this should NOT be placed in the dUFLP folder, it should be in
some folder with your own Custom Class files ...):

set procedure to :dUFLP:ExtCombobox.cc
class MG_ExtCombobox( oForm ) of ExtCombobox( oForm ) custom

/*
    Here you are using full inheritance: you can modify the way
    the onChange() event handler works, and still inherit everything
    else from the original source code.
*/

endclass

I hope that helps.