Subject Re: Error: Invalid subscript reference.
From Robbie Nott <robnott@mweb.co.za>
Date Sun, 22 May 2022 21:08:04 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 5/22/2022 6:07 PM, Charlie wrote:
> I ran into this error this morning with a form that I have been working on.  It worked fine yesterday and all of a sudden this started popping up.  IOt involves the grid as this is the referenced code :
>
>     columns["COLUMN5"] = new GRIDCOLUMN(form.GRID1)
>        with (columns["COLUMN5"])
>           dataLink = form.imp_spd1.rowset.fields["value"]
>           editorType = 3        // SpinBox
>           width = 8.0
>        endwith
>
> If you ignore get this message:
>
> Error:  Data type mismatch.  Expecting:  Object
>
> And from there it just keeps on giving errors.
>
> Could this possibly be a corrupted index or table?  I tried re-indexing the table with no luck.
>
> I have no idea what to do next.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Charlie
First and foremost it's really bad to have field names that are reserved
words ( Value, Return, For, Class ... )
Your error is saying that dBase can't find the field called "Value"
So - rename the field first, change its name in the grid as well and see
what happens.
Keep us posted...
Robbie

https://www.avg.com