Subject Re: Whats This
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Fri, 20 May 2022 08:56:24 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 5/20/2022 8:16 AM, Bob McKinney wrote:
> Hi Ken:  Many thanks, it worked.  I did not recognize the code or where it came from.  Eliminating it was the same procedure as getting rid of an elert msg.  Many thanks....... Bob

The difficulty is the folder that the .cc file is in is likely
read-only. For dBASE to "run" something it needs to be compiled, but in
a read-only folder, it can't do that.

So to use report.cc you would want to use the version in a different
location ... but that's a whole other story.

As noted, don't double-click .cc files. (What gets me is that in the
Navigator, you double-click a .prg and it runs, you double-click a form,
and it runs ... but since a .cc doesn't "run" by itself, dBASE's default
is to put it in the "autoload" part of the .ini file ... make more sense
if it just opened in the source editor or something, but oh well ...)

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm