Subject Re: Downloading
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sat, 14 May 2022 12:12:36 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) Tutorial01.pngTutorial02.png

On 5/14/2022 10:32 AM, Bob McKinney wrote:
> Hi All:  Using 2019 w/w/10.  Recently got 2019. Desire to do latest tutorial featured on Ken's site   I have never downloaded a file in my life that I recall.  Don't even know how to start or what system to use
>
> It's embarasing to be so computer ignorant after all of these years.  Any help as how to download the tutorial to my tutorial folder would be very muvh appreciated........Bob

Bob --

There's a link. Click it. Your browser will normally automatically
download because it's set in the web page that way. (See image 1 ...)

When it is done (and it won't take long), you will see something (based
on which browser you use -- the image here is from Netscape's Firefox),
there's a folder button that lets you open the folder the file was
downloaded to. If you haven't dealt with downloads much (although if you
use the dUFLP, you HAVE downloaded ...), the location the .zip file is
in may be something odd, buried in the Users folder structure. You can
move this to another location. In Windows File Explorer you can copy/cut
and paste to another folder. But that.s the .zip file, which you will
need to "unzip".

Windows has built into it the ability to unpack a .zip file. If you
double click "dBASETutorial.zip", it will open, and in the toolbar of
the Windows File Explorer you will see an "Extract all" button. Click
it. This will attempt to give you a default file location, change that
to where you want it to extract the files to (like, for example:
C:\dBASETutorial), and then click "Extract".

That should get you to the point the files are downloaded and in a
folder you can work with.

You do NOT need the HTML zip file, I wouldn't worry about it ... just
use the tutorial from the web pages online.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm