Subject Re: TextLabel
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2022 21:57:04 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2022/01/15 16:16, Ronnie MacGregor wrote:
> In article <7iuOJghCYHA.948@ip-AC1E04A7>, invalid@invalid.invalid
> says...
>
>> Something seems to be missing.
>
> Could it be that macro substitution is being attempted with a local
> variable ?

I don't think so.  The print statement shows that the macro is working.
  It's the becoming visible that's not working for Steven.  It works for
me provided the memvars are in scope.

If the memvars are not in scope I get the error "Error:  Unrecognized
command verb:  &mvSummaryNMinVis. = true"  which is why I believe the
code Steven posted is not exactly the same as he has in his program.

&mvSummaryNMinVis. = true  works where the memvar contains, say,
"form.Summary1min.visible"

&mvSummaryNMinVis. = bShow works if bShow is private.

If bShow is local then the error is "Error:  Variable undefined:  BSHOW"

Mervyn.