Subject Re: BDE Settings
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2022 10:46:22 -0800
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) BDE Config.jpg

On 1/14/2022 10:10 AM, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Is there a need to change the BDE Administrator settings (Sys/Init) to maximize performance?  Ken's book has some adjustments for older versions.  I didn't see any recent references to doing such i.e. I think 2013 and back.  I'm on Windows  11 with dBase 2019.

I'm not sure that any changes beyond what are in the books are needed.
This is a screen cap of my current settings ...

Don't know if that will help or not. Except for sometimes  being told
the BDE can't load when I have dBASE (or an executable) running and I
try to load another session, this works fine.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm