Subject filter on logical plus date field
From Rouke <moc.liamg@rekkabrg>
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2022 19:10:35 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

In a table with a logical field 'returned' and a date field 'dateofrtrn' I'm getting weird results when I set a filter to not returned or isblank(dateofrtrn). I expect to see no records with a tick in the 'returned' field and also to see no records other than a blank value in the dateofrtrn field. However, I get the following (eg. of three records):

set filt to not returned or isblank(dateofrtrn)

list returned, dateofrtrn for recno()=2 or recno()=3 or recno()=14

Record#  returned dateofrtrn
       3  .F.      22/12/2013
      14  .T.        /  /

I expect only records like 2. Why are records 3 and 14 listed?