Subject Re: Summarizing/Calculate from within a GRID display on a from
From Tim Ward <tim@goldengrovenurserydotcodotuk>
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2021 07:47:31 +0000
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 28/11/2021 03:46, Agostinho wrote:
> Dear Group.
> How do I summarize/Calculate fields and rows than display the results on a GRID  on a form similar to Exel.
> Where can I get help and samples?
> Thanks
> Agostinho

Hi Agostinho,

It depends on the data or table you are trying to summarize and how the
results need to be displayed. More details would help us.

For a single summary of a table column you can have an entryfield at the
top or bottom of the grid to display a value for example.

If you have many rows of 'summarized' data then you just need to get
them into a table or even an array to be able to display in a grid.
Using the 'save to' option in a select statement could do this or
through a routine looping through rows and saving in a new table.

If you have some sample data and an idea how you want to summarize the
data I'm sure someone would be able to help.

regards Tim