Subject Re: New Form and Table problem
From Norman Snowden <duluth@msn.com>
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2021 12:38:14 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Ken Mayer Wrote:

> On 11/18/2021 6:51 PM, Norman Snowden wrote:
> > Lee Grant Wrote:
> >
> >> Norman,
> >>
> >> Going out on a limb here :) , but may this will help in the OLH.

> >> Lee
> >>

> >> On 11/18/2021 3:53 PM, Norman Snowden wrote:
> >> <snip>

> >> <snip>
> >
> > **************
> >
> > This is my Form code:
> >
> > * END HEADER -- do not remove this line
> > //
> > // Generated on 11/18/2021
> > //
> > parameter bModal
> > local f
> > f = new NoptionsForm()
> > if (bModal)
> >     f.mdi = false // ensure not MDI
> >     f.readModal()
> > else
> >     f.open()
> > endif
> >
> > class NoptionsForm of FORM
> >     with (this)
> >        height = 16.0
> >        left = 93.0
> >        top = -0.3636
> >        width = 40.0
> >        text = ""
> >     endwith
> >
> >     this.NOPTIONS1 = new QUERY(this)
> >     with (this.NOPTIONS1)
> >        left = 28.0
> >        top = 2.0
> >        width = 7.0
> >        height = 1.0
> >        sql = 'select * from "C:\MykindaS\Noptions.dbf"'
> >        active = true
> >     endwith
> >
> >     this.ENTRYFIELD1 = new ENTRYFIELD(this)
> >     with (this.ENTRYFIELD1)
> >        dataLink = form.noptions1.rowset.fields["test"]
> >        height = 1.0
> >        left = 13.8571
> >        top = 5.8182
> >        width = 8.0
> >     endwith
> >
> >     this.rowset = this.noptions1.rowset
> >
> > endclass
> >
> > If the Form is opened and I click "Begin Querry by Form" the Form Entryfield will accept input, however the input will not save.
> >
> > Even though with the Table design showing the field number and Field name showing properly after I save it and then type Table Rows , no Row number is shown but the Field name does show.
>
> A "query by form" is not the same as entering data. A query by form says
> that you want to search for data in the table using the form to do so.
>
> Is there an "Append" button, or "Add Data" button of some sort on the form?
>
> Ken
>

> --
> *Ken Mayer*
> Ken's dBASE Page: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase
> The dUFLP: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/index.htm#duflp
> dBASE Books: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Books/dBASEBooks.htm
> dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
> dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm

For some  reason the Field finally did appear on the View Table Rows when clicked.  Also when the Form is Run the Field appears in the Entryfield space and can be changed as normal.

Sorry, I don't know what changed that corrected this problem. I certainly do appreciate the attention you gave toward a fix. It kept me going.

Norman