Subject Re: Changing 2019 address
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2021 10:51:21 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2021/10/21 23:33, Bob McKinney wrote:

> Hi Guys:  Ken first:  Yes. Seeker shows up in the "other" column in the Navagator using path [ C:\Users\19645\Documents\BIGBIZ\BMCUSTOM\DUFLP2021 ]
> Mervyn:  You were helping me when "Plus" first came out.  Lotta help.   See ini below:

seeker.cc should NOT be in the dUFLP.  It is a custom control supplied
by dBASE.  It is installed in a sub-folder of C:\Users\.... and the
actual folder is assigned a Source Alias FormControls by dBASE.  You
should NOT move any of the files installed by dBASE to the dUFLP.  In
fact, it's not a good idea to place ANY additional files in the dUFLP
set of folders.

The dUFLP has a file named seekersql.cc which adds additional features
to seeker.cc but this is not the file that library.wfm uses.

As Ken has already pointed out, first you need to reset the FormControls
Source Alias to point to

C:\Users\19546\Documents\dBASE\dBASE2019\dBLClasses\FormControls

The following entry in the [UserBDEAliases] section of the inifile

[dUFLP]
Driver=dBASE
Options=PATH:C:\Users\19546\Documents\BSSBiz\BMCustom\dUFLP2021B[1]

suggests that the dUFLP hasn't been installed correctly. That User BDE
Alias should point to a Tables sub-folder.

I'm more than willing to help you this time round as well but it would
be a case of "too many cooks spoil the broth".  If more than one person
tries to help you at the same time all it is going to do is cause confusion.

Mervyn.