Subject Re: RUNNING DBASE12 AND PLUS 2.61.1 UNDER WINDOWS10
From Ken Mayer, dBase, LLC <kmayer@dbasellc.com>
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:33:21 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 9/10/2021 8:17 AM, Cornelius wrote:
> Ken Mayer, dBase, LLC Wrote:
>
>> On 9/10/2021 2:17 AM, Cornelius wrote:
>>> Good morning there.
>>>
>>> Can I run dbase 2.61 under windows 10 home addition.
>>>
>>> I tried it but it does not see my dbe admin.
>>> I hve a database under \stellocal, but if program use open database stellocal it comes back with unknown database.
>>>

>> If dBASE runs on Windows 10, it will run the BDE. Or it should. Can you
>> run the BDE Administrator? If so, check to make sure the database is
>> defined properly.
>>
>> Ken
>> Thanks for reply. I checked the dbe and databases are with correct spelling. I ran runtime b2012 as I can not seem to get teamviewer to download b21591
> Can this be the wrong one I ran.
> Cornelius

I don't know what Teamviewer is. If the issue is a compiled application,
you need to be sure that you are using the same runtime version as the
application was compiled under. If you used dBASE Plus 2.61 to create
the executable, you would need the exact same runtime installer for your
application.

If you go to this page:

http://www.dbase.com/support/updates-and-fixes/

And scroll way down, you should be able to find the runtime installer
for the version you need.

*Ken Mayer*, dBase, LLC
dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm