Subject Re: converting tables back from level 7 to 5
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2021 14:35:26 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Good Afternoon Rouke,
> I'm currently using db2019 and 5.7 side by side and haven't paid too much attention and certain level 5 tables have been converted to level 7. I know I can change the level  to 5 in the BDE administrator, but will this automatically convert level 7 tables back to level 5? If not, is there an easy way to convert them back to level 5?

Changing level in BDE adminsitrator will NOT change the level of
existing tables.
BUT NEW tables will be of level 5

They will have to be created fresh.
The easiest commands are

use tableA
copy all to tableB

OR

use tableA
copy stru to tableB
use tableB
append from tableA

The above commands are untested and may contain typos or similar errors.
Hopefully the newly created table will be level 5

Regards
Akshat