Subject Re: Getting error Database Engine Error: Read failure:
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Sat, 4 Sep 2021 11:34:20 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Good Morning Milind,

> Application work on data volume to the tune of 100000 records on temporary basis. I recreate work file by uploading it thru .csv file.
> while doing this I get error Database Engine Error:  Read failure:
>
> The code used to work earlier.

Since you are opting for tables of approx 100k rows I will suggest that
you start playing with backend databases like firebird, mariadb,mysql etc.

They provide much better speed on network.

Any app with this many rows will naturally not be run on standalone.

The second feature of importance is the availability of full sql support
with these rdbms.

These enable complex rowset generations easy.

Changing to  backend databases requires change in coding. Since you have
started development of a new app I will suggest you make the change
right now.

Regards
Akshat