Subject Re: Getting error Database Engine Error: Read failure:
From Ken Mayer, dBase, LLC <kmayer@dbasellc.com>
Date Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:57:18 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 9/3/2021 10:42 AM, Milind Nighojkar wrote:
> Scenerio:
> Application work on data volume to the tune of 100000 records on temporary basis. I recreate work file by uploading it thru .csv file.
> while doing this I get error Database Engine Error:  Read failure:
>
> The code used to work earlier.
>
> Any pointers?

What command are you using? If it is:

APPEND FROM ...
    Try adding the REINDEX option to the end of it. What *may* be
happening is that for every record added, your index is being updated.
If you use this REINDEX keyword in the command, dBASE will not reindex
until done, then it will update your index tags. This will likely speed
up the processing as well.

*Ken Mayer*, dBase, LLC
dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm