Subject Re: Error Loading iidapi32.dll
From Gaetano D. <gaetanoddRemoveThis@andThatHotmail.com>
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2021 14:38:40 +1000
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 20/07/2021 13:42, Ken Mayer wrote:
> a) not using data/tables at all (which then begs the question, "Why
> use dBASE?"

because dBase can :)

I once created a bogusmail application to forge the sender name. It was
just a form with the required controls to enter addressee,
contents...etc. and it used FunckyLite to send the e-mails.

I scared a few colleagues with fake e-mails from our boss ;) but mostly
it was to demonstrate that people should never trust what appeared to be
the e-mail sender because it can easily be set to John Lennon, Bill
Gates or your  Boss. It was the early days of spams/scams/viruses sent
through e-mail attachments and none of my colleagues knew that this
"data element" could be faked/forged, so I showed them... I compiled it
without BDE to have a lightweight app.

--
Gaetano.