Subject Re: Error Loading iidapi32.dll
From Gaetano D. <gaetanoddRemoveThis@andThatHotmail.com>
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2021 12:51:25 +1000
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 20/07/2021 11:58, Milind Nighojkar wrote:
> Thanks Ken,
> Will try try as per your suggestion. Just want to ask if I use BDE OFF while building .exe will it help otherwise?
>
> Regards
>
> Milind Nighojkar
>

> Ken Mayer Wrote:
>
>> On 7/19/2021 10:15 AM, Milind Nighojar wrote:
>>> After deploying .exe getting 'Error Loading iidapi32.dll '
>>>
>>> I have used 'build formname.wfo to test rtex' to build exe.
>>>
>>> PLUSrun.exe,PLUSr_en.dll,resource.dll and iidapi32.dll are also copied in the target PC directory.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Milnd Nighojar
>> You need to do a full install of the BDE, the Idapi32.dll file is not
>> the only one needed ...
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> --
>> *Ken Mayer*
>> Ken's dBASE Page: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase
>> The dUFLP: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/index.htm#duflp
>> dBASE Books: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Books/dBASEBooks.htm
>> dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
>> dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm

Hi Milind,

You can use the BDE OFF option if you are not using the BDE, e.g. if you
application is 100% ADO. In that case the BDE would not need to be
installed and idapi32.dll would not need to be present either.

However, from your previous post I saw the following code snippet:
this.TODOLIST1 = new QUERY(this)

Using the Query object implies that you are using the BDE (be it through a BDE alias that points to an ODBC DSN), hence you cannot turn the BDE OFF.

if the table todolist is a table in MySQL/MariaDB, you could use the ADOQUERY() and ADODATABASE() objects and completely bypass the BDE.

--
Gaetano.