Subject Re: importing csv file
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 2 Jun 2021 22:34:06 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2021/06/02 21:56, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Is there a way to import csv file into dbf table
>
> Best Regards to all
>
> Mustansir

Importdata.wfm in the dUFLP will do this.  The form is, however, more
suited to once-off operations as it requires quite a bit of user input.
  Where .csv files with the same layouts need to be imported into a
table regularly I find it easier to create a separate program to do the
work.

If you look in the program I posted for you yesterday (nhif2.prg) you
will see that it did exactly that.  The .csv file Excel made on my
computer used a semicolon as the separator.  You would need to change
the ; to a comma in the breakstring parameter to deal with a comma
separated file.

That code will work with most .csv files.  If, however, you have to
import dates you may need to add code to format the date before it gets
saved to the .dbf file.

Mervyn.