Subject Re: Seeker and GridColumnIndexChange.cc
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Sat, 8 May 2021 09:43:18 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) web-news1.png

On 2021/05/08 08:12, roy price wrote:

> I have successfully been able to adapt your Seeker Forms to my tables, which seems to work as I wanted.
> Thanks very much.
> (Although it took me a while to discover that on copying your files listings from the newsgroup to the source editor, that there were hidden characters stopping your code from working.)

Although I sometimes post short pieces of code in the body of a message
I normally (and did in this case) attach the actual files.

For some reason Web-News copies the contents of the attached files into
the body of the text.  The attachments are, however, also shown in the
bottom row of the banner.  There should be no need to copy and paste the
code from the message.

If you left_click on each filename in turn you can either view the
contents in Notepad or save the file direct to wherever you want it.

If you opt to view the file in Notepad Ctrl-A Ctrl-V will place the
contents in the Windows clipboard.  If you paste from clipboard to a new
program file there won't be any "funny" characters.  Just remember to
save the program file with the correct extension.

Mervyn.