Subject Re: evaltags in a custom report
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Thu, 6 May 2021 19:38:11 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2021/05/06 19:11, Ken Mayer wrote:

> Um, if there are HTML tags in the text being displayed they will be
> evaluated as well as the text control is able to. Trust me on this, I
> use them ...
>
> A textLabel control cannot evaluate HTML tags, but text controls can and
> do.

Duh. Of course they do. Another case of "mind in neutral".  I can't
begin to count the times I've used HTML tags to change the colour of
part of the text on a form.

That begs the question of why the tags are being evaluated for Charlie
on his form but not in the report. Textlabel controls are available in a
report but if one drags a field from a table to a report the designer
uses a text object.

Charlie, please confirm that your report uses text rather than textlabel
controls.

Mervyn