Subject Re: evaltags in a custom report
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Thu, 6 May 2021 10:11:50 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 5/6/2021 9:25 AM, Mervyn Bick wrote:
> On 2021/05/06 16:22, Charlie wrote:
>> I am working with a custom report and have a field that evidently has
>> evaltags in it.   The field is character and 254 long.   In a form you
>> can set the evaltag property to fix this but I see nothing in this
>> custom report  .crp to fix this problem.  Is there a fix for it in
>> reports somewhere?  Thanks much for any help!
>>

> On a form you would display your field in a editor control which can
> evaluate a limited number of HTML tags.
>
> In a report you render the field using a text object which doesn't have
> the ability to evaluate HTML tags.

Um, if there are HTML tags in the text being displayed they will be
evaluated as well as the text control is able to. Trust me on this, I
use them ...

A textLabel control cannot evaluate HTML tags, but text controls can and do.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm
dBASE Web Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/WebTutorial/00_Menu.htm