Subject Re: Closing an image on a form
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 7 Apr 2021 14:09:22 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2021/04/07 00:47, roy price wrote:

> Hello Mervyn,
> I'm not sure where this proposed solution gets me. The sql statements restrict the selection to "where ID ='1'", or "where ID='2'''
> So I only see two records with ID 1 or 2.
> Most of the responses to my question just recommend image editing software to reduce file sizes. But that does not answer the problem.
> The images are on three separate files which are linked by a common fieldname to the main table.
> Regards
> Roy Price

I'm afraid that was me doing my favourite (only :-) ) exercise namely
jumping to a conclusion.

You have three tables so it implies that you have three separate queries
accessing these tables.  Each query creates a separate rowset.  The
example was intended to show that to display an image from a different
rowset all you need to do is change the assignment to the image controls
datasource property.

  Changing
       form.image1.dataSource = form.fish1.rowset.fields["fish image"]
       form.image1.dataSource = form.fish2.rowset.fields["fish image"]

immediately displays the selected image in the second file.

You have three separate files.  For the example I used the only table in
the samples database which has images twice.  To make sure each rowset
displayed a different image (so that the change was obvious) I added the
where clause to each query.